Friday, 6 July 2012

5th July - Challenge

mini-book
mini-book
I have been on a suicide intervention skills training today (day one of two) and it's been a long, challenging day.  We were given homework; self-care!  Working in the studio was an obvious choice for me and in the short time that I had, I created two journal pages.  One in the mini book and one in my small journal.  I also put gesso on a page in my large journal and left it to dry naturally.  I have found that I prefer the gesso to dry naturally, the texture seems different if I use a heat gun to dry it.

I used a tag to do some journalling in the small journal and allowed myself to just write what came to mind instead of thinking too much first.  It seems that some thoughts from the training had stayed with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment