Monday, 25 March 2013

Art Journal Page



I have been working with acrylics in my art journal.  I loved the blues and wanted to add some of the acid green.  It is a superior quality of paint to the blues which I had painted on with a brush; I squeezed the green straight from the tube on to the page and spread it with a paint knife - loving that textured look.








 When it had dried, I added some gesso (with fingers) to tone down the colours a little, some charcoal and then used my new Balzer Design stencil with some more acrylic paint - I'm really liking how the page is coming together.  






Here is the next layer - some more stencilling and using white acrylic paint on a rubber stamp on the edges of the page.











Finally a quote from author Libba Bray - "But we can't go back.  We can only go forward."  You can't argue with that and I feel that I have really gone forward with this page in my journal.  I'm very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment