Monday, 1 April 2013

Love - journal page


Over the past couple of days I have been working on a new journal page.  The first photo shows my page prepped with white gesso and then the long wait for it to dry . . . . . .

The second photo shows a background which I have sponged on with dye-based ink

Here in the third photo I have stamped with two different stamps using the same dye-based ink





Using a stencil, I have added white gesso fairly thickly to create textured hearts
To give the hearts depth, I have traced around them with silver Gelato and smudged it with my fingers


Here is the finished page to which I have added my heart with homemade bling on from a few weeks ago and a quote 'Where there is love, there is life' (Gandhi)


Below are a couple of close up photos showing the lovely texture going on
 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I particlarly like the close up photos to really see the details in the paints and inks

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I have nominated you for an award - check out my blog and take a look if you want x

    ReplyDelete