Monday, 24 March 2014

New Stuff!

We had a house guest last week and I was not able to grab some time to post at all.  

About ten days ago I went to the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia, London with a good friend.  We first visited this annual show about four years ago and made a pact to make it a regular event in our calendars.  We have such fun, treat ourselves to a lovely lunch and of course there are lots of lovely goodies to look at and buy.

Different stalls appeals to each of us as we both have different likes in crafting.  We usually do a walk through and browse all the stalls together during the morning; this usually leads to lots of laughter as my friend has a terrible sense of direction and left to her, we would probably visit the same stall several times.  Following lunch, we split up and return to the stalls that have tempted us to spend our money.   These are the goodies that I bought.





I really enjoy using stencils in my work whether it be on a card, ATC or in my journal.  I have been using them with Ranger Distress Paints, Stains and Sprays.  I have also used stencils with texture paste.  I use Daler-Rowney Texture Paste and have not used any other as I am working my way through the tub before buying another brand to try – does anyone have any recommendations for me to try next time?

I was really excited to see the Ferro by Viva Decor as I had seen it used in a YouTube video and had like the look of the finish.  The stall holder had a sample of the finish and I just loved the feel of it.  It seems a little expensive to me at £5.99 for a 90ml jar, but I think a little will go a long way.

* * * * *

I have been out with my camera in the garden this week and would like to share just a couple of the photos that I am really happy with.  Photoshop continues to baffle me and I must really knuckle down and get to grips with it.




I have been working on my stitching this week and next week I'll show you how it is progressing, along with a peek at some Easter cards that I have been working on.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have had a good start to your week.

Jacquie xox

   


1 comment:

  1. Looks like pretty stuff. I look forward to seeing the things that you make with it all

    ReplyDelete