Monday, 31 March 2014

Stitching, Mini Haul and Mother’s Day

We have workmen in again and it really disrupts daily living making studio time very precious.

I promised last week that I would give you a peek at the progress on my stitching - I think that it is looking really good.

 
I also promised a peek at the Easter cards I have been working on – it will just be a peek – I don’t want to give it all away before I send the cards.



* * * * * * *

We decided that we need to get more acquainted with the local area, so we jumped in the car and went exploring a little earlier in the week.  Happily, we came across a new crafting shop.  It’s called Crafts and I think that it is a chain similar to Hobbycraft, but the store was smaller.  It doesn’t have a huge amount of items that I needed, but it is good to know that there is a local shop which stocks the basics should I run out.



I got a few items and one that I am very pleased with is the new heat gun.  The heat gun that I had tended to blow items such as embossing powders around rather than heat and melt them.  I had also noticed that when I worked in my journal with wet media items the paper buckled, I suspect that is because the nozzle on the old heat gun is too large and I am not able to concentrate the heat where needed. I’m looking forward to trying it out soon.




Finally, it was Mother’s Day on Sunday and I received a great present.



I had put one of these corner chompers on my wish list.  It is a great piece to add to my kit and as I said to my daughter ‘flowers are very pretty, but a corner chomper is for life’!

What items would you put on your wish list?










* * * * * * *

Spring really is here now, the clocks have gone forward, the evenings are drawing out and there are lovely displays of daffodils with their heads bobbing about in the breeze.  I hope that you have been able to enjoy the signs of Spring where you are.

Thank you for stopping by

Jacquie xox


1 comment:

  1. Your sewing is looking really good! I hope your haul has come in handy so far x

    ReplyDelete