Monday, 28 April 2014

Photo frenzy

Hello everyone, this week I have managed to carve out a nice amount of studio time; not as much as I'd like, but we're still settling into the new house and jobs need doing!  

I've enjoyed working with some of my photos this week.  I don't pretend to be a brilliant photographer but I am developing my 'eye' and can spot some good subjects.  

I've had this photo frame hanging about for ages and I knew what I wanted to do with it, but just kept putting it at the bottom of the list. Whilst working on some other photo projects this week, I decided to bring it to the top of the list.

Photo frame

I really love taking photos of nature; so many beautiful colours and textures.  I selected some of my older photos and a few more recent ones too. 

Nature Photos

I printed them out to 4" X 6" size and trimmed them off and then mounted them in the frame.  

Weekly memo frame

Add a dry wipe marker and I have an instant weekly planner with one extra 'frame' for notes etc.  I really like it and the best thing is that I can swap the pictures at any time if I get bored with looking at these ones. I have a black dry wipe marker at present, but I'm going to look for a white one as I think that will show up better over the photos that I have chosen.  

Carrying on with the photo theme, I found this in a local shop 


I've not come across it before, but it looks as if it could be fun creating magnets from either my photos or photos of my artwork.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

* * * * * * * 

Finally, I have rejoined my ATC (Artist Trading Card) group this month and have sent off my 3 ATC's to my partner today.  I really should have done this earlier in the month and I'll try and get on top of it in May.  

April-2014-ATCs.jpg

I chose to do simple stamping over an alcohol ink background and added some embellishments.  I love the colours and I hope my partner likes them when she receives them.  

Thank you for stopping by this week and look out later in the week for another post - more play with photos.

Jacquie xox




1 comment:

  1. I love the photo frame weekly calendar - have you thought about using a white chalk board pen?

    ReplyDelete