Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Background work, an experiment and a haul

Hi everyone

I hope you have all had a good week.  This week saw me thinking a lot about how I want to move forward with The JacquieLine Studio, this blog, my Facebook page and Twitter etc.

My first decision has been to post my blog on a different day.  I chose Wednesday as it is half way through the week, the weekend may still feel a long way off and people may like to have something to browse at mid week.

In my last post I said that I had been working on some backgrounds and that I would be experimenting further.  The following watercolour background was so much fun to do.  It felt like being a child again.


In this first photo the background is still wet and I have covered it with cling film and squished it (that is a technical term!)


In this second photo the background is dry and you can see that I couldn't wait to play with it before I'd taken a photo.  I really like how these backgrounds turn out.  Having taken a big chunk out of the background, I thought you may like to see what I had used it for. Using some heart dies from Memory Box (http://memoryboxco.com) I cut a background from the paper and with plain white card, I cut a 'topper' for the heart.


It's so pretty and you can see all the background 'texture' through the scroll work of the topper.  I haven't yet decided what I want to use the finished heart on yet.  

By the time I had finished the background I was in an experimental mood and decided to try a new technique using an embossing folder.  This was another of my You Tube finds. 


I used a lovely Christmas tree embossing folder that I have not had much success with in the past, a VersaMark ink pad, a brayer and gold embossing powder.


I was fairly pleased with the outcome, but the technique needs some work as you need to be very careful not to get the ink onto parts of the card that have not been embossed.

After all that experimentation, I went a little dotty and think this is such a fun card.


To finish off my week, I received a haul which I had ordered from the US.  It was a bit like Christmas in May!  Simon Says Stamp (http://www.simonsaysstamp.com) has an incredible website and I have often looked through their pages and considered ordering. They offer a huge range of crafting supplies and I always knew that my problem would be that I wouldn't know when to stop ordering. 


Look at all the lovely new stamps and dies that I have to play with! Stop by next week and I'll have some photos of my first attempts with these.  

Don't forget that Wednesday is the new day and thank you for looking in this week.

Jacquie xox









1 comment:

  1. I love the rainbow background and the polka dot card! Both are really pretty. I can see why you couldn't wait to use the background x

    ReplyDelete