Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Three from the studio this week

Hello

I hope that you have been enjoying some lovely weather, I certainly have. It's almost like summer.

This week has been a little quiet in the studio as I had a housewarming party for my family and I became a little preoccupied with my preparations. However, I do have some things that I want to share with you.  As part of my blog makeover I have been thinking about working to improve photographs that I post.  I will often use the camera on my phone and I really want to make more use of my new camera.  When I have used the camera previously, I often find that the images are out of focus; this is because I am trying to produce a close up picture, but I tend to shake.  I decided that it was time to invest in a tripod. I won't bore you with the details of actually getting it delivered, but I was happy to see its arrival on Monday.


I had hoped that it would be here for the weekend as I was going to go on a mini photography trip with my daughter on Sunday.  I ended up borrowing her tripod and using it in the garden and on some finished cards in the studio.  





Taking these photos reminded me why I love to have my studio overlooking the garden - the colours.  The weather at the weekend was glorious and it just made the colours pop.  The acer is a beautiful red and just look at the colour of the stamens in the lily.  If I need any inspiration for a colour theme, I can always look out onto the garden and find a colour theme to use.

Lastly for this week, the blog makeover continues and I really want to keep this as a surprise, so keep checking back for the biggest change.

Thank you for looking in and I hope you have a good week.

Jacquie xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment