Monday, 5 May 2014

You Tube inspiration

Can you believe that it's already May - this year is just flying by.

I love looking for inspiration on You Tube and Pinterest and decided to have a You Tube-athon to catch up with those people I follow.  I lose track of time when I start looking on You Tube, Pinterest, Bloglovin etc so I need to be careful that I don't have anywhere to be in a hurry.

One of my favourite rubber stamp companies is Penny Black (http://pennyblackinc.com) and I enjoy watching the Penny Black and Jill Foster PB&J Card Classes.  I came across a class that had been uploaded a year ago with a stamp that I have had in my collection for some time.  It was entitled 'Gesso Resist with Distress Ink' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-CXDVU-kwY) and I was immediately interested.  I like doing resist work, by nature of how it works, it's a bit like a surprise as the resist 'element' is clear or at least the same colour as the card you are working on.  These are my take on that tutorial.  

Gesso Resist with Distress Ink - Pink

Gesso Resist with Distress Ink - Orange

My tendency is to stick to those people I 'follow' on You Tube but I decided to stray a little looking for some different ideas and came across several ideas on backgrounds.  I had a go with a watercolour background (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p7c8QJInV8) and the following is how I decided to use the background I'd created.

Watercolour background - hello

I'm going to play around with some more backgrounds as they are fun, easy to do and don't require too much time, so that even when I can only be in the studio for half an hour or so, I feel that my creative urge has been satisfied.

Thank you for checking out my blog this week and if there is anything that you would like to see on here, leave me a message in the comments below.

Jacquie xox  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment