Wednesday, 11 June 2014

More reorganising - it's nearly finished!

Hello


I am amazed at how much re-organising I have done in the studio since we moved in.  One week I have something one way, the next it's another way. I suppose that I am still finding my feet in here and it will take some time to have everything just where I want it or where it is most useful.  With that in mind I realised that the corner desk which was brought from the old house and physically fit so well in the corner of the studio did not fit with me.  It was difficult to get to and I was finding it uncomfortable to sit and work at.  I have replaced it with a much smaller desk unit which opens up the space really well 





So out came the old desk, it was dismantled and . . . .


in went the new desk.  I was amazed how much I had stored in the old desk or should I say stuffed behind it!  So I had a mini re-organisation of those bits and pieces whilst watching a rubbish Saturday afternoon film - can you see which one it is?


This is how it looked when I had finished.  As you can see, I will now need to re-hang my notice boards, but that's fine as I really like the idea of them being inspiration boards right in front of me when I'm working at the small desk.  You may also be able to see the new lamp on the corner of the desk.  


I couldn't resist it. It's purple, it has butterflies and it sparkles.  You know I love a bit of sparkle!

I received the file inserts for my ink swatches this week and I'm really happy with how they look.  It is so easy to see which colours I have and which compliment each other. 


I can also see where my collection is lacking and can look for the colours I'd like to get to fill in those gaps.

Finally for this week, a couple of cards that I had been working on.


The halo effect in this card is lovely and I certainly hope the recipients enjoy it.


And lastly, a birthday card for a man.  I don't know about you, but I find it really difficult to do masculine cards - they are a challenge, but I decided on a one layer, stamped card.  The colours blend so well together.  

I have been sitting in the garden this week as the weather has been so gorgeous and I didn't want to waste the time just sitting, so I have been beavering away at my sewing and really enjoying watching it grow.  

I hope you have a good week and thank you so much for taking the time to look in at my blog this week  


2 comments:

  1. It looks really nice in the corner with the new desk. Very neat and you must have a lot more space x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pinkglow, it does give me more space and I feel less cramped x

      Delete