Thursday, 17 July 2014

Craft Show Haul

Hi!


The summer days are flying by and I don't seem to have enough (or any) time to spend in the studio and I even missed posting to the blog last week.

At the beginning of the month I went along to the Artstamps England show in Newbury.  I have been to this show several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed the day.  This year was a little different; don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the day, but the show itself had a shortage of stalls.  Apparently this event has been taken over by new management and organisation of any kind was severely lacking.  I felt sorry for the stall holders who had been contacted and had made the brave decision to attend as I'm sure that their sales must have been badly affected.  I hope that the management can pull this show together again next year as it is a lovely venue with lovely stall holders, together this creates a great atmosphere.  All that being said, none of the above stopped me from spending my money! 





Here's my haul and a little scary is the fact that there are items for the winter season, or dare I say the 'C' word, to be found in amongst my goodies.  

Like many crafters out there at the moment, I am loving the stencilling and die cutting 'fashion' in card making.  I am a big fan of Memory Box dies and stencils and chose the Flowering Christmas Tree, Hanging Ornaments and Blissful Butterfly Border dies.  I also chose the Texture Tessatina stencil which I thought could be used on cards as well as in my art journal. You can see in the photograph below that I have already played around with the stencil and the Flowering Christmas Tree die a little.  


I have used three different colour Distress Inks for the background stencilling which I was very pleased with.  I embossed the tree with gold embossing powder and used some Stickles in the centre of the flowers.  I was also really pleased with the tree.  It is such a shame that when put together, I feel that they both lose something.  The tree gets lost on the background and the background focus is taken away by the tree. I'll be working more with these to come up with pleasing effects for both the die and stencil.


This was such a quick little card to make using the Card-io Majestix Sweet Birdhouse set that I bought.  I also used some of my beautifully coloured VersaColor mini ink pads.  I love everything about how this card has turned out; the colours, the shape and the stamps from the set used.  I am planning to make a set of these cards with various different greetings, I think that the simple heart shape design lends itself to this idea. 

You may have spotted the Copic Ciao pens at the front of my display.  I have several Promarker pens but have never really mastered them and will probably be passing them on to my daughters to share.  I decided to buy a few of the Copics to see how I get on with them.  Do any of you have a preference or do you use both?  I'd be interested to hear your views and I'll let you know how I get on with the new pens.

I hope that the days slow down a little to let me play a little longer in the studio and I look forward to posting again next week.

Thank you for dropping by, I hope your week is going well and that you are enjoying some beautiful sunny days.


1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see what you do with the 'Snow'. I love the I Miss You card as well... such pretty colours and a simple but striking design x

    ReplyDelete