Friday, 1 August 2014

Turning a failure into a success - nearly!

Hello

It's August already - I can hardly believe it.  The hot weather has been carrying on, but as I write this, today is a little cooler and I welcome that.

If you looked in last week, you will have seen that I had had a disaster with my first attempt with Copic Ciao pens.  I spent some time this week looking through some videos on YouTube to see where I was going wrong and I think that I have made some progress.


As you can see, to make it a little easier on myself, I stamped the image again (on the right) in black and followed the instructions on the videos that I had watched.  I think that it looks much better although I think that the shading could look better.  I did have a go with another image 


I love this sweet image and I used the Copics to colour the cupcake case. I think that the blending looks much better than the flower image.  It seems that it takes some time to get the blending just right and lots of going back and tweaking it here and there.   I'll just need to keep colouring which won't be too onerous for me - I find colouring images very therapeutic.

I have loads of pretty backing papers, some I have bought myself and some have come as gifts with magazines.  I have always thought that the papers should be used with scrapbooking and have never had the courage to used them in cardmaking.  As I am sure that I have mentioned before, I follow Kristina Werner (www.kwernerdesign.com) and Jennifer McGuire (www.jennifermcguireink.com) and was interested to see their collabaration for several different online card classes (www.onlinecardclasses.com)  There was a class on using background papers and this was right up my street.  I signed up for it and spent my time watching it thinking 'why didn't I think of that'.  So following the class, I made these 



I was really pleased with these and I'm going to look through my box of patterned papers to see what else I can come up with.  If I'm being honest, I think that I found the papers a little intimidating and before taking part in the class, I would never have put a striped paper with a flowered one.

Thanks for dropping in this week - check back again to see more of the Copic colouring and how I've been using my patterned papers.


1 comment:

  1. I love the mismatched paper idea - they end up looking great together. I think you're getting there with the pens. You can see the improvement that you've made already x

    ReplyDelete