Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Finally for 2014

Hi, welcome back

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will probably be aware that I missed November's post.  We were having more work done in the house and I found it impossible to get into the studio.  In fact, I have found it very difficult to spend any significant time in the studio since we moved.  I really hope that now that the major jobs we wanted to achieve have been finished, I will be able to spend time in there on a more regular basis.  

I have also taken part in a photography course during October, November and part of December.  I want to be able to take my camera off the auto setting and take pictures having made some choices in how they will look.  I learned a lot on the course and now that the course is finished, I hope to be able to take my camera out and put my newly acquired knowledge into practice.  If I'm feeling brave, I'll post some of my photos in future blog posts.  
I did manage to get my Christmas cards made - just!  I was so glad to get them finished that I forgot to take any pictures of them to share with you - I feel that I have been at sixes and sevens with my studio work and creativity altogether this year and this is something that I want to address in 2015.  I know that the more time I spend being creative, the more creative I become - do you know what I mean?  The less time I spend in the studio, the less time I want to spend in there.  It's as if my creative juices dry up.    

Apart from my Christmas cards and some knitting, I did decorate some wooden words from http://www.annamariedesigns.co.uk/


In all, I did three of them - one each for each of my daughters and one for me.  They look really nice.  There was a huge amount of glitter involved, but Christmas wouldn't be the same without it!

I received some lovely crafting goodies in my Christmas stocking.  I love the three different grey inks from Simon Says Stamp (http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/).  I think that I am going to use them aside some red - either ink, or embellishments - they could work together to make a lovely colour combination . . .


and look at those gorgeous WOW embossing powders, I'm really looking forward to using those.  The hearts and stars stamp sets from Simon Says Stamp are just brilliant - all sizes of hearts and stars, both as a solid stamp or as an outline.  I used the stars the other day on a birthday card, they were the perfect finishing touch that I needed.

I hope you'll be checking in at the end of January to find out what I have been able to achieve in the first month of the year and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment